First, when analyzing what to title a movie about "The Veldt" I have two thoughts. "The Veldt" is a very good title because it makes the audience think and is very deceiving since the movie takes place far from Africa. In fact, the title interested me mostly because I didn't know what it meant and I had to look it up. Other ideas I have for the title include "The Lion's Den," "Goodbye Babylon," and "Vocation House" (Playing off of "vacation" but vocation meaning a strong feeling of suitability). I think I like "Goodbye Babylon" the best with babylon meaning aspects old society which are degenerate.
As far as the character I think I want to cast Kevin Spacey as George Hadley because of his seriousness and numbness. Lydia Hadley will be played by Gwenyth Paltrow because she can play a worried mother well. the final main character is the psychologist, David McClean who needs to be wise and older. He needs to have known what the times before extreme technology were like and have a calm soothing voice, which is why I am casting Morgan Freeman.
Setting and plot are two very similar topics. The setting will need to be the same in order to take advantage of the modern technology. The plot however, will need to be twisted a little and changed. I plan on delving deeper into the psychologist's lifestyle and letting him play a bigger role so that he can be a trusted narrator. New events will need to be added to increase length and I plan on the father slowly catching on to the children's odd ways rather than the mother showing him one day. He will try to take the children camping, but fail and end up camping under the HD moonlight of the nursery.
Irony and symbolism will be very apparent in the movie. Irony will include the whole idea of the house being a "utopia" being ultimately wrong and the nursery being far from child-friendly. Symbolism I have decided to add will be that the family moves from the simple country lifestyle into the new house which is located near the city. Rural society versus urban life will be an obvious symbol. I plan on also changing the psychologist's name to "Daniel" referring to the biblical story of Daniel surviving the lion's den.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment