Monday, June 1, 2009

Intro to John

Hello there, my name is John Byrom, but my friends call me JB or Johnny B. I was born and raised in Rockwall, Texas which is a Dallas suburb and I have lived there my entire life. Currently, I am a junior Accounting major with a minor in Energy Technology and Management, but I have only attended TCU for one year. I spent my freshman year at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas where I played NCAA soccer. In the future, I am aiming towards attending the University of Texas at Austin for a MBA or Law degree.

Ultimately, I signed up for Introduction to Fiction because it is a required course which fulfills the Humanities and Literature sections of a TCU degree. My goal is to come out of this class with a better understanding of how to properly evaluate and analyze written material because I feel it is one of my weaknesses and it will be very beneficial in the future. I like to read and I feel very accomplished when I do, but I never seem to do much "outside-of-school" reading. Every time I attempt to read during a semester I always feel as though I should be reading a textbook for a class or studying instead. I view reading and school as equal which is a very disappointing problem when it comes to reading for enjoyment.

I learn the best when important points are stressed and the material is presented in a lecture format. I like to listen and take notes rather than speak. It also helps when the schedule is very detailed so I can plan ahead. The calendar for this class is going to be very beneficial for me.

Lastly, I have read, understand, and agree with the syllabus for Ms. Patrick's Intro to Fiction class and I am looking forward to a good semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment