My favorite has to be "The Veldt." It immediately grabbed my attention with its futuristic details and style of writing. My favorite novel is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury so there is just something about is writing which intrigues me. The end contains situational irony and makes for a nail biting climax. I also enjoyed delving into it a little more than most and selecting it for Assignment 1.
There were so many stories I really liked I need to mention a runner-up list: "The Lottery" and "Desiree's Baby"
My least favorite was probably "The Jilting of Granny Weatherall." The main reason I did not like this story was that after reading it carefully I looked back and was very confused. The plot was a simple one but the story jumped around through flashbacks and there were a plethora of characters the Granny talked about all at once. This made it hard to distinguish who was who and what was happening. However, that may be the beauty of it. The Granny was on her deathbed and because of this her mind wasn't exactly thinking normally.
No comments:
Post a Comment